TYPES OF JOBS IN
There are a wide variety of jobs, contracts, salaries, benefits, housing policies, etc. available for ESL teachers in China:
- Low teaching hours and 3 months vacation time make public schools the #1 choice for most of our teachers.
- We work directly with top public school placement companies in Shenzhen, Hangzhou, Chengdu, and many other popular cites
- Salaries in Tier 1 cities such as Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, etc will be 20-50% higher than in Tier 2 or 3 cities, to remain proportionate to the difference in costs of living.
- In China, the big chain school chains dominate large sections of the ESL landscape. We find them to be very reliable and professional, and have a high demand for teachers
- Public school salaries have doubled over the past 2-3 years, and are now in the range of 8,000-12,000 RMB a month, depending on city/location.